With a reimagined and expanded application celebrating the community, its cultures, and the spirit of competition, Dragon Boat BC is officially saying that the 2021 Harmony Pacific Dragon Boat Pageant will be held from September 18 to 26, which also marks the initial time in two a long time that dragon boat races will strike Vancouver waters.
Just after becoming postponed earlier this year and cancelled in 2020 owing to the pandemic, the festival’s enlargement and evolution — with the return of dragon boat racing — will join with a lot more communities in excess of a for a longer period period of time of time at multiple websites around Vancouver for the initially time.
“While COVID has impacted what our Pageant commonly seems like, we’ve taken this as a challenge to reimagine what comes following and glimpse for innovative ways to provide our local community back again jointly,” said Dominic Lai, Advertising and Operations Director for Dragon Boat BC. “We’re enthusiastic to unveil our Festival’s new direction, to safely and securely welcome paddlers and the local community to the world of dragon boat, and to emphasize the tradition that conjures up this well known Vancouver tradition.”
Concord Pacific is the title and founding lover of the Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Festival. Concord Pacific’s generous assistance of the Festival for the duration of the pandemic has ensured that the occasion continues to grow and evolve along with our local community.
Returning to its roots in tradition and activity, the 9-working day event’s key spotlight is the return of dragon boat racing in the course of Championship Weekend on September 25 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The working day will also aspect regional artists on the 102.7 THE PEAK Major Stage and pavilions sharing Chinese and Indigenous cultures within a controlled site at Concord Pacific Position. All systems in the Harmony Pacific Dragon Boat Competition are either free or by donation.
Throughout the week-lengthy festivities, the neighborhood will also be equipped to:
- Celebrate the Mid-Autumn Competition with unique things to do, this kind of as moon and star gazing at Dr. Sunlight Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Gardens from September 21 to 26
- Discover the Festival’s archives at C. Sports activities Hall of Fame as a result of the Canadian Global Dragon Boat Competition Show from September 24 to 26
- Go to “A Seat at the Desk: Chinese Immigration and British Columbia” exhibit at the Chinese Canadian Museum and check out a new video documentary sequence about Chinatown’s historic clan culture buildings beginning September 23
- Sign up for Cross Cultural Strolling Tours to discover about multi-community and layered heritage of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside neighbourhoods
- Expertise short-term artwork installations in Chinatown and classic ability demonstrations.
Competition program aspects, booking one-way links, and basic safety and health and fitness protocols are out there at www.concorddragonboatfestival.ca.
About the Canadian Worldwide Dragon Boat Festival Culture
Group, lifestyle, and opposition, all in one boat. The Canadian Intercontinental Dragon Boat Festival Culture (dba Dragon Boat BC) is the non-earnings organizer of North America’s flagship dragon boat competition – the Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Pageant, and operates Dragon Zone Paddling Club – Canada’s greatest paddling club.
The Modern society also creates a sequence of races, cultural programming, and group initiatives centred all over the standard Chinese activity of dragon boat. Via its All Entry and youth packages, supported by the Milton K. Wong Legacy Job, the Modern society can make paddling experiences accessible regardless of any limitations to participation.